Law Offices Of Abrams and Taheri

Law Offices Of Abrams and Taheri H-1b Work Visa

H-1B Work Visa

If you are a foreign national and want to become an immigrant based on the fact that you have a permanent employment opportunity in the United States, or if you are an employer that wants to sponsor a foreign national for lawful permanent residency based on permanent employment in the United States, you may be eligible to apply for H1B Work Visa. There are five categories for granting permanent residence to foreign nationals based on employment skills.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) (formerly part of the INS) recognizes that there is a shortage of American workers available to fill specialty occupations at businesses and professional organizations in the United States. Approximately 65,000 H-1B Specialty Occupation visas are available through the USCIS each year. Typically, the visas are granted for three years, but may be extended an additional six years. In addition, if the sponsoring employer is willing to continue sponsoring the specialty worker for residency status, the employee may apply for green card status to remain legally in the United State permanently.